Hyperspud is Hiring!
Position – Staff Member
Hyperspud Sports seeks a part-time staff member for weekend and occasional weekday shifts with an average of 10-12 hours per week. However available work hours may be upwards of 25 hours per week, depending on the season.
At Hyperspud Sports we offer an enviable work where we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play. We are looking for outdoor enthusiasts with a desire to share their passion for being outdoors and their knowledge of the gear that makes it possible. We offer a flexible schedule that will keep you playing outside and doing what you love.
The staff member candidate will create a complete shopping experience for our diverse customer base. The staff member candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to providing: superb customer service with an emphasis on sales, back stocking, and merchandising, product training and clinics, store maintenance and cleaning, store events and volunteer opportunities, and proper incoming product training and receiving as well as leading other staff to do the same.
The Nitty Gritty – Job Description
• Greet every customer quickly and politely as they walk in and when they depart
• Walk customers to desired departments while asking open-ended questions and creating conversations
• Inform customers about the products to the best of your knowledge or seek answers from co-workers, the tools Hyperspud Sport provides or store vendors
• Maintain an upbeat and courteous attitude at all times with both customers and peers
• Assist customers with local information about Hyperspud, Moscow, the Palouse, neighboring towns, Northern, Central and Southern Idaho, University of Idaho, Washington State University, community resources and others
• Maintain the above skills with all phone, internet and other forms of communication
Merchandising and Store Maintenance:
• Steam, hang, photo, and stock all apparel and hardgoods
• Stock and back stock current and incoming inventory
• Assist with managing clean and well-maintained backstock areas
• Properly execute incoming products to 100% accuracy
• Build displays and merchandise
• Clean restrooms, sweep, mop, and dust store daily
• Clock in on time and ready to work
• Learn and demonstrate loss prevention practices; learn what to do if shoplifting occurs
• Learn Point of Sale computer program and maintain accurate cash and credit card handling
• Understand how to take phone orders accurately
• Keep your availability up to date using internal calendars
• Daily maintenance of multiple customer and company Excel-based data files
• Ability to carry 50 lbs.
• Ability to climb ladders and step stools
• Ability to stand/walk on your feet for 8+ hours at a time
• Ability to walk up and down stairs all day
• Occasional, but mandatory store meetings (can be as early as 7am and as late as 8pm)
• Occasional, but mandatory product clinics (can be as early as 7am and as late as 8pm)
• Online training during off season
• Manager and peer clinics and training
Minimum Job Requirements
• A love of being outside. Preferred areas of knowledge include but are not limited to: climbing, camping (all types), backpacking, hunting, fishing, trail running, cross-country skiing, backcountry skiing, snowshoeing and others
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Passion to outfit customers
• Previous retail sales or outdoor oriented position
• Previous cash handling
• Familiarity with Apple and Windows based computers and databases
• Self-motivated and work efficiently whether supervised or not
• Detail oriented and a desire to achieve 100% accuracy on tasks
• Ability to take feedback easily
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Some heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. may be required
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed; must available to work weekends and over some holiday breaks.
Hyperspud Sports is open 7 days a week, (hours may be later for holidays)
Monday – Friday 10am – 6pm
Saturday 9am – 6pm
Sundays 12 – 4 pm
• Flexible scheduling and time-off
• Upbeat work/family atmosphere
• Positive and drama free environment
• Generous gear and merchandise discount
• Room to grow and acquire new responsibilities
• Competitive Pay. Base pay of $9/hour depending on experience.
• Free equipment rentals
Email hello(at)hyperspud.com subject: Job Opening
Applicants should email hello(at)hyperspud.com subject: Job Opening
– a cover letter explaining their outdoor experience, activities and areas of use
Specific information about Hyperspud can be found at www.hyperspud.com.
Hyperspud Sports is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, Hyperspud Sports provides reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities during the application and interview process, as well as during ongoing employment with Hyperspud Sports. If you believe you may need a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, or if you have any questions please email hello(at)hyperspud.com or call or text Hyperspud Sports at 208.883.1150. We will respond to your inquiry and make a determination on any request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.