Hyperspud is Hiring!
Position – Staff Member
Hyperspud Sports is Moscow Idaho’s oldest local and independently owned outdoor sporting goods store. We are dedicated to adventures, being meaningful to our town, our customers and where we play.
Hyperspud Sports seeks a part¬-time staff member for weekends and occasional weekday shifts with an average of 10-12 hours per week. However available work hours may be upwards of 25 hours per week, depending on season.
• Selling and informing customers about products in a professional and friendly manner
• Operating a cash register and/or credit card equipment; including making change
• Daily maintenance of multiple customer and company excel-based data files
• Performing light maintenance duties; including cleaning, inventorying and re¬stocking products on a daily basis
• Maintaining awareness of monthly event and work schedules
• Answer questions in response to inquiries about Hyperspud, Moscow, the Palouse, neighboring towns, Northern, Central and Southern Idaho, University of Idaho, Washington State University, Community resources and others
• Positively representing Hyperspud Sports to customers and throughout the community
• Assist with other functions as instructed by the manager and owner
• A love of being outside. Preferred areas of knowledge include but are not limited to: climbing, camping (all types), backpacking, hunting, fishing, trail running, cross country skiing, backcountry skiing, snowshoeing and others
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Possesses good analytical, interpersonal, and customer service skills
• Ability to focus and work accurately with attention to detail in high traffic and multiple customer scenarios
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Some heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. may be required
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed; must be available to work over summer break
Applicants should email a cover letter explaining their outdoor experience, activities and areas, resume, three references and class schedule (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org subject: Job Opening. Specific information about Hyperspud can be found at www.hyperspud.com.
Applications are accepted until May 20, 2016 and interviews will take place the week of May 23rd.